A hospital stay can cause anxiety for both the child and his parents. We want to make this experience as easy for you and your family as possible.
Children often feel more comfortable having items from home. Wolfson will supply diapers, hospital gowns, pajama bottoms and slipper socks, along with providing age-appropriate toys and video games.
You may want to bring:
- Comfortable daytime clothing
- Favorite nightgown, pair of pajamas or robe
- Slippers or shoes
- Special bottle, cup, book, toy, pillowcase or blanket
- Hairbrush, comb, barrettes
- Toiletries such as a toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo and more
- School books and assignments
- Containers for glasses, contact lenses, hearing aids, dental retainers
Children with specialized wheelchairs and/or decompression tubes should bring them. Please be sure to label personal items and clothing you bring to the hospital. We’ll do our best to help you keep track of them, but it is your responsibility.
- Latex or rubber balloons
- Valuables – please leave anything of monetary or sentimental value at home. We would never want you to have to worry about these things or lose them. This could include such things as jewelry, portable music or game devices, etc.
- Weapons of any kind are not allowed on the property
Each department or clinic may have specific guidelines, so please ask in advance if you have any questions.